- In person – You must sign up for either September 12 or September 19; or
- Digital submission (preferred) – You must email a recording (.mp3, .wav, .wma) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your recording may be submitted in a separate email from the audition form.
2. Prepare the excerpt for your voice part and use the accompaniment track for your preparation.
Instructions: There are three parts to your recording, two vocalisms and one excerpt (first 38 bars of “And the Glory of the Lord” from Messiah).
Tips for compiling your audition recording:
- Print out the music
- Listen and learn the vocalisms and excerpt from Messiah
- Consider cyberbass.com to assist your learning of “And the Glory of the Lord” from Messiah
- Play accompaniment on computer while looking at the score
- Record with your phone – state your name and voice part at the start of recording
Sing vocalisms #1 & #2 on the noted syllable. Please sing as much as you can, dropping out when it gets too high or too low for you.
Vocalism #1 accompaniment track
Vocalism #2 accompaniment track
(Click here for first 38 bars of “And the Glory of the Lord” from Messiah)
Messiah Excerpt accompaniment track